This past week has been such a transformative one. To be with all of the communities I have been with this past week is a blessing. Whether it was laughing to the floor and dining with the Christian Brothers of Tulsa, Oklahoma, or playing soccer with the students of San Miguel or even reflecting with the Sisters of Leavenworth each minute over this period of time has been amazing.

I remember two years ago when I embarked on the Tulsa trip, a quote came to mind that especially resonates with me today.

“I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we’ve lived” (Stewart 1994).

These words spoken by Patrick Stewart as Captain Jean – Luc Picard, in the movie Star Trek Generations especially ring true as this was my last SOUL trip. I will cherish every moment I have had with SOUL over these last four years and take what I’ve learned onward. This is one exit that I must take in my life, but Life is a Highway!