If there was one word to describe my experience, it would be joy. Being here in Rochester, NY, I have gotten to both witness and experience so much joy.

My ministry for the week is DayStar, a daycare for medically fragile children up to 6 years of age. Even though these kids are struggling with various medical issues (feeding tubes, cerebral palsy, trachs, etc.), they believe that they have no limitations and have so much joy and zest for life.

On Monday, I attended MorningStar, since DayStar was closed. Run by Sister Jeanne, MorningStar is a residency for up to 6 medically fragile kids. Sister Jeanne spoke to me about one of her kids that used to live at MorningStar. She spoke so highly of him and showed me multiple photo albums of all of his adventures. She repeatedly told me how it was such a blessing to be able to watch him grow up. This job provides her with beautiful joy in caring for these kids.

I have experienced overwhelming joy throughout this trip, and I can’t wait to bring that back to campus!