This trip has been an incredible trip full of love, happiness, exploring our faiths, and sharing many wonderful memories together.

In the beginning, I was a bit nervous when I found out I was leading the group to New York by myself. I was not doubting my leadership skills, but I was nervous because I have never led a group of students to another state, especially halfway across the country. However, I was determined to succeed, take this leap of faith, and make sure everyone was going to have an incredible experience.

Meeting the sisters for the first time was very exciting! Right away, they welcomed us with open arms and warm hugs. The sisters have been such a blessing for us on this trip. They continuously made sure that we had everything we need, provided us with transportation, led us in reflections, and made us laugh everyday. We have all grown to establish a loving bond with one another.

During this trip, I was placed at Daystar for Medically Fragile Children. Daystar is a daycare for children who are medically fragile and receive exceptional care, including medical care. They have three different school ages: infants, toddlers, and preschool. For each school age, there are two teachers, along with several teacher assistants, as well as one to two nurses for each age. The devotion that the teachers and assistants have to these children is beyond compare. They all treat each child with the same love and care as if they were their own children. In addition, one of their main priorities is to make the children feel as if they have no limitation. That is what impacted me the most. Despite all the tubes and machines they were connected to, seeing these kids laugh and play with each other warmed my heart so much. I was constantly smiling and laughing with the kids while playing with them and truly saw the meaning of how we are all made in the image and likeness of God. Despite any disability that the child might have had, I always saw God in them, their smile, and their laugh. Daystar will forever have a special place in my heart.