Building relationships with one another…
through Lasallian formation, social interaction and discipleship.
Opportunities to promote a sense of belonging
Lasallian Collegians – Members seek to be active in their faith, live lives of service and build community – connected to the mission and vision of Saint John Baptist de La Salle.
Here are some examples of what the Lasallian Collegians do:
- Listen to a person living out the Lasallian mission with zeal
- Visit elderly residents in Winona, MN
- Collaborate with other offices to put on great events such as a Mardi Gras Bazaar
- Help promote and organize De La Salle Week on the Winona Campus
- Work alongside other student groups to facilitate a prayer service
De La Salle Week – A full week of activities that celebrate the life and message of Saint John Baptist de La Salle and the Christian Brothers.
Lasallian Week of Peace – A full week of lectures, presentations and activities to raise awareness and invite active involvement with the Catholic Social Teaching.
- Big & Little Pals – Saint Mary’s students are paired with elementary students from Jefferson and Goodview elementary schools in Winona
- Buddies – People who are developmentally disabled are provided opportunities to interact with each other and with college students
- Mission Awareness – This new group will provide students with opportunities to nurture community and raise awareness of our Lasallian Catholic mission.
- Habitat for Humanity – Saint Mary’s students help Habitat in their mission to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action.